Press Release 11/11/13 – Titus Mountain Makes Many Improvements. When spring brought the last ski season to a close, things got really busy at Titus Mountain. Many improvements are being made before the snow flies . . . all designed to make the Titus experience better than ever! Dene Savage, Titus Mountain's Marketing/IT Director, explains: "In December of 2011, Titus came under the ownership of the Monette family of Malone, NY. The family initiated a long-term strategy to take full advantage of the mountain's growth potential and to make the experience of recreating at Titus really special. Last year saw the expansion of our trail network, an upgrade of our grooming capability and a comprehensive overhaul of the base facilities at our lower mountain.
Throughout this spring, summer and fall, we have been working hard on our program of continuous improvement and we're excited about what folks will discover when they visit this winter!"
• Our upper mountain lodge has seen the addition of new wall-to-wall carpeting, upgraded restroom facilities and a new roof.
• The lower mountain lodge has been enhanced to now include an outdoor stone patio area that includes a band stand, new fireplaces & a state-of-the-art outdoor wood-fired pizza oven. We've also added more parking for the lower mountain and increased the number of reserved parking spaces.
• On the mountain, we have added two new trails and made numerous improvements to the many lift stations and other outlying buildings. We're also installing a new wireless network that will offer improved internet connectivity for the convenience of our visitors.
• In our Customer Service area, we've expanded our ability to process transactions & we're upgrading our rental equipment to speed the process of getting folks out on the snow & having fun. We're also introducing high-performance rental equipment this year, and we've added an E-Store to our website, so folks can go on-line before they visit & purchase season passes, lift tickets, rentals, etc. Why stand in line at the mountain if you don't have to?
• Speaking of snow, we're also upgrading our snowmaking system and we'll be able to make lots more. Titus snow has always been great snow . . . and now it will be even better!
• Titus offers more nighttime skiing, snowboarding & tubing then any other north country resort. We're open 'til 10pm on Thurs-Sat and if you buy a day pass, you're night skiing is included . . . that's a great deal! We've improved our on-hill lighting this year for the safety & enjoyment of our visitors.
• The safety of the folks enjoying our mountain is always our first priority. Titus is now working with LifeNet of NY to provide emergency helicopter transportation in the event of a serious injury. A landing area is being installed at the base of our resort to facilitate the rapid evacuation of injured parties requiring prompt medical attention.
• Last February, we launched our new Moon Valley Maple sugaring operation with a brand new sugarhouse and 6000 taps delivering sap. Our finished syrup was deemed excellent and the one thing we really needed was more of it! We are completing an expansion of this infrastructure and we anticipate operating 12,000 taps in the coming season . . . more syrup for everybody!
If folks would like to learn more about all that we've been up to, I would encourage them to visit www.titusmountain.com and see for themselves. One of the things that's been really nice to watch this summer is the growth of our community of vacation homes located right on the mountain. Titus is the only resort in NY that offers building sites with true "ski-in, ski-out" access. Additional residences are under construction now and there are many sites available for building. Living here is probably the best way to really appreciate all that Titus Mountain and our beautiful north country have to offer. Titus will begin making snow as soon as temperatures permit . . . probably during the latter half of November. We hope to have some trails open to the public in early December and our Grand Opening party is Saturday, Dec. 14th. We will be open 7 days-a-week afterwards on as much of our terrain as possible . . . Mother Nature permitting. We can make a lot of snow, but it's always better if she's helping out, so we never miss an opportunity to ask everybody to "Pray for SNOW!" We're really looking forward to welcoming as many folks as possible to the mountain this winter . . . it's going to be a GREAT season!"
Please direct questions/comments regarding this release to:
Dene Savage, Marketing/IT Director Titus Mountain, Inc., 215 Johnson Road, Malone, NY 12953 Phone: (518) 483-3740 Fax: (518) 483-2031 E-mail: email@example.com