SKI NY Statement on COVID-19
The safety and health of guests and those who work at our member ski areas are a priority of SKI/NY. We know there are many questions about what measures ski areas are taking in regards to the Coronavirus.
- Monitoring updates on COVID-19 from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, New York State Government and the WHO (World Health Organization). Based on this, SKI/NY will recommend to its member ski areas on what action may need to be taken that is necessary for the continued safety of ski area staff and guests.
- Encouraging to ski areas that they instruct any of their staff who feel ill to remain at home.
- Encouraging to ski areas to provide hand sanitizers and wipes in all dining and bar areas of the facility as well as their rental facilities.
- Encouraging to ski areas to wipe down any rental equipment after use with disinfecting wipes (such as Clorox Wipes as recommended).
- Suggesting that ski areas to work with their guests who may have questions about the facility and cleanliness policy.
- In addition, Governor Cuomo has issued an Executive Order banning gatherings of more than 500 and limiting those under 500 to 50% of capacity. Therefore most New York Ski Areas will continue to operate but there may be certain base facilities and services that will be closed or limited. Please check the website of the ski area you are planning to travel to. You can locate your ski area at https://www.iskiny.com/ski-new-york/mountains
SKI NY will continue to monitor news and State Governmental Departments in regards to best practices. Should you have any further questions or concerns please reach out to SKI/NY President Scott Brandi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SKI NY wish you safe and enjoyable skiing and riding!