Regardless of ability, skiing and riding is for everyone. Find the nearest ski mountain that offers an Adaptive Ski Program and get on the slopes!
- Bristol Mountain - Their program is coordinated through the Outdoor Adventures for Sacrifice in Service (OASIS Group) and is for military veterans only.
- Catamount Ski Area - Works with an adaptive sports program called STRIDE.
- Double-H Ranch - The Double H Ranch Adaptive Winter Sports Program, established in 1998, offers children ages 6-16 dealing with chronic and life-threatening illnesses the opportunity to participate in various winter sports in the beautiful Adirondack Mountains FREE of charge with necessary equipment provided. Our Adaptive Winter Sports Program runs from January through March. Activities include alpine skiing and snowboarding instruction. This unique program is coordinated by Double H staff, and the magic that takes place on the slopes is made possible through the efforts of our volunteer instructors and National Ski Patrol who provide 1:1 support.
Our winter program is aimed at not only teaching children a life-long skill, but also to provide an experience that can be enjoyed by the entire family. In addition to day programming, we host Family Sleepover Weekends, allowing the entire family to experience the great outdoors, together. Participation is based on approval by our Medical or Nursing Director, and availability, as we operate on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Gore Mountain - Their program offers ski and snowboard lessons for people with disabilities. Instructors are trained to coach those with special needs. All lessons are private, one-on-one with an instructor/coach to better meet the specific needs of the participants. Lessons are available to skiers and snowboarders of all ability levels. Trained staff can work with those who are hearing or visually impaired, those with developmental disabilities, and/or those with physical disabilities. There are two different style bi-skis available, as well as outriggers for those needing to use this type of equipment.
- Greek Peak Mountain Resort - Supports the Greek Peak Adaptive Snowsports (GPAS) program, a destination for recreation and camaraderie among skiers of all abilities. Greek Peak also supports the skiers and snowboarders with disabilities by offering reduced price lift tickets during the GPAS Sunday program.
- Holiday Valley Resort - Their program is run through the Lounsbury Adaptive Ski Program.
- HoliMont - Hosts the HoliMont Snowsports School Phoenix Adaptive Program.
- Kissing Bridge - Their adaptive program, which includes students from four to over 50 years old, provides an enjoyable, controlled learning environment. Call 716-592-4963 ext. 2230 for more information.
- Swain Resort - Shared Ski Adventures is SportsNet's adaptive learn-to-ski and snowboard program, held at Swain Resort, which helps adults and children with disabilities become independent skiers and riders. Through the use of adapted equipment and instruction, a team of dedicated volunteers ensures positive successful experiences on the snow for individuals of all abilities.
- Toggenburg Mountain - Their program is run through ARISE and Ski.
- Whiteface Mountain - Their Adaptive Snowsports Program is for adults and children with disabilities who want to learn how to ski and snowboard.
- Windham Mountain - Their program is run by the Adaptive Sports Foundation.